CINECITY Open 2018 Submissions NOW OPEN
Film-makers are invited to submit short films that have been made in Brighton or the surrounding area for presentation during the 2018 CINECITY Brighton Film Festival as part of our CINECITY Open strand.
This year, to help cover administration of the project, we are introducing a small submission fee. In order to keep these costs from becoming prohibitive, we have aimed to keep them as low as possible: $10 general / $5 students.
We welcome films of any genre: fiction, non-fiction, animation, experimental and artists’ moving image. Films must be under 45 minutes to be considered and must not be available online for public viewing.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines & submission fees:
Submission deadline: 1 September 2018
Notification deadline: 1 October 2018
General – $15 (~£10.50) / Students – $10 (~£7)
Rules & Terms:
1. To qualify, the film must fit at least one of the following criteria:
– The producer, director or writer lives, works or studies in Sussex
– A significant part of the film’s production or post-production took place in Sussex
2. Films must have been completed since September 2017
3. CINECITY does not require any premiere status, however films are not accepted if they are already available online for public viewing or been exhibited widely
4. Films must be no longer than 45 minutes. Please note: unfortunately, we are not accepting features this year
5. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles
6. By submitting your film, you agree not to withdraw your film from CINECITY after it has been accepted by our selection team
7. Submission also certifies that all film and music rights and clearances have been obtained in accordance with UK copyright laws